You are here
The NTCA is seeking a dynamic and focused person to fill its Executive Officer role.
Activities, Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide accurate and timely advice to the CEO
- Manage member enquiries and communication
- Undertake research and briefings on strategic operational, government and industry matters
- Manage aspects of the day to day activities of the organisation
- Coordinate industry information and communications to members
- Liaise with government and industry at the national, local and international level
- Manage service delivery projects
- Manage branch meeting program and associated documentation and actions
- Prepare media releases and other communications material
- Demonstrate industry knowledge and leadership on key issues
Industry/ Core Capacity
- Have a passion for the northern beef cattle sector
- Clear understanding of the major issues confronting the NT cattle industry
- Ability to maintain the industry profile as a key economic driver in the NT and Australian economies
- Demonstrated ability to be able to promote and protect the interests of the NT cattle industry
- Ability to negotiate and establish partnership relations with external providers within the cattle industry and key stakeholders within the Northern Territory and the federal government
- Demonstrated capacity to work professionally achieving business objectives, including an ability to work as a partner with other industry stakeholders
Required Qualities/Selection Criteria
Leadership and Management Skills
- Ability and experience in major decision making and problem solving
- Ability to achieve outcomes/results, on time and at budget
- Superior coordination skills.
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- High- level communication skills and capacity to effectively communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated capacity to deal with and protect highly confidential information and be able to write industry sensitive briefings for the Executive Director and Executive Committee
- Demonstrated capacity to develop industry communications
- High level of communication skills, at all levels within the industry and the wider community
- High level of negotiating and influencing skills
- High level of group facilitation/management skills
- High level of written communication and report writing
- Ability to interpret, analyse and evaluate research data and industry reports
- Proven ability in developing and implementing strategic and operational plans
- Ability to manage change
Financial Management Skills
- Ability and experience with financial resource management (eg planning, budgeting, financial reporting [e.g. quarterly & annual reports])
- Submission writing ability and experience
Project Management Skills
- High level of ability and experience with project management
- High level ability to manage sub-committees and project groups (stakeholders)
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY MARCH 22.
All applicants are required to respond to the above Required Qualities/Selection Criteria within their application.
Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in a career in the NT pastoral industry?
The NTCA are contacted all the time by people looking for a job on an NT cattle station. There are a number of resources that we direct these people to:
Recruiters/Other Online Resources:
Happy job hunting!